PRECISION ENGINEERED FOR
DO I NEED
OK, these Mounts aren’t the most visible or sexy of modifications. But for those in the know, with high-power cars or who use their car regularly on track, our Uprated Engine Mount Set is truly one of the most worthwhile upgrades to the driving dynamics of their car. Suitable for either DSG or manual cars.
- The Uprated Full Set of Engine Mount stiffens the whole location of the drivetrain greatly to give a much tighter, sharper feeling to your car. It removes the loose feeling when coming on and off-throttle during aggressive gearchanges, and banishes wheel-hop under hard acceleration as the whole engine and ‘box assembly judders.
- This adds strength to the drivetrain, helping to protect from future wear and breakages. Rather than some aftermarket ‘push in’ bushes which crudely fill the voids in the original factory mounts, the RacingLine mounts are a completely redesigned replacement mount assembly and torque link.
- Make no mistake, the full uprated engine mount kit is a relatively extreme modification to make to your car. Naturally, more noise from the drivetrain comes into the cabin (and more than when the Lower Engine Mount only is fitted), but most keen drivers love the sense that they are more ‘connected’ to their car, and the gentle ‘growl’ that the mount conveys. Allow a few hundred miles/kms of driving for the mount to settle in after installation.
For most hard-driven road cars, we recommend starting with the Lower Mount only. You can always add the two upper engine and gearbox mounts at a later stage.
- A lot the fore/aft movement in the drivetrain is controlled by the Lower Mount – meaning that changing it alone makes a big difference to your drive.
- The additional two upper mounts add more strength, but also add in more NVH (noise, vibration, harshness).
- Our A5-platform mount (think Golf 5/6/Scirocco/S3 8P etc) is a two-piece unit pressed into the subframe. It’s a clever dual-durometer design, and features a cut-out to clear bigger roll-bars on the 4WD cars.
- Our MQB platform Lower Mount also includes a billet aluminium Torque Link. Our testing showed that the pressed steel part used on the MQB-platform cars lack the stiffness needed. Note that this mount doesn’t fit the aluminium subframe MQB cars – such as TT, S3.